You can maintain and keep invoice information updated within your Quickbooks account by using your Supermove accounting integration. To understand the process, please review this page in-full.
Exporting Move Invoices
You can export an invoice at the end of the job via the “Edit Report” section of the project. This will enable you to export invoice records throughout a job and provide the ability to export directly from the project page.
Exporting Storage Invoices
Storage invoices can be exported from your Supermove Office App and to your external accounting platform.
Automatically Export Invoices
You also have the option to enable invoices for specific project types to automatically export invoices - enabling you and your team to have invoice and payment information automatically exported and up to date in your accounting platforms.
Accounting Integration Setup
Ensure that your accounting platform has been setup under the new Accounting Integrations section
- Navigate to Settings > Company > Accounting
- Under “Accounting Integrations” click to add an account and follow the prompts
- Note for existing Quickbooks Users: For anyone who has an existing “Quickbooks” integration setup, make sure this is disabled/removed and added under the “Accounting Integrations” section
Exporting Move Invoices
On the project page, you can now export invoices to Quickbooks throughout the project.
- When exporting to QuickBooks via the new Accounting Integration, the invoice will export the latest changes to the bills along with any payments that have been recorded
- Re-exporting a previously exported invoice will overwrite the previous invoice entry in the accounting platform; this ensures the invoice recorded in the external accounting platform is up to date with the latest information from Supermove
Export Invoice Steps
- Navigate to the Invoice on the Project Page
- Click on the action menu next to the invoice and select “Export to Quickbooks”
- Note: The Invoice number is what will appear in the external accounting platform
Edit Reports - Sync to QuickBooks
When editing a report at the completion of a job, you will be able to continue exporting the invoice to QuickBooks (but it will be via the new integration if you have it setup). This functionality will be exactly the same as exporting the invoice from the main project page.
Automatic Invoice Exports
In some cases, you may want to have invoices automatically export to you accounting platform so you can don’t have to manually check and export any time an update is made to an invoice.
Automatic invoice export will re-export the invoice whenever a change is made to the bill, or if a payment has been recorded. This ensures the invoice record in your accounting platform has the most up to date record as reflected in Supermove.
Automatic Invoice Export Set by Project Type
Enabling automatic export will be configured by project type. This means if this option is enabled for this project type, any projects (and in turn) invoices created using that project type will automatically export the invoices.
Note: By default, this is toggled off for all projects (i.e. invoices need to be manually exported by default unless configured to automatically export)
To set-up this automatic export process, please follow these steps:
Navigate to Settings > Project Types
Click “View/Edit Project Types”
Click on the specific Project Type’s Name
Within that Project Type, select the “Billing” Section
Under Billing > Accounting, toggle the “Automatically Export to QuickBooks” option