The Equipment & Materials module is designed for commercial movers looking to track equipment and materials sent out on a job, allowing crews to update usage on a per-job basis.
The following topics will be covered in this article:
- Setting up your account to use Equipment & Materials
- Adding equipment and materials to a job
- Crew updating of equipment and materials used/left on site
Setting up your account to use Equipment & Materials
You will need to configure several things in order to utilize the Equipment & Materials functionality:
- Add equipment items to your Equipment library and/or add materials to your Materials library
- Set up a crew document(s) with the correct modules to display the equipment and/or materials added to a job, allowing the crew to update quantities to reflect usage.
Adding items to your Equipment and/or Materials library:
- Click Settings
- Click Moves
- Click Equipment & Materials
- Click Create an Equipment
- Enter a name for your equipment (eg: Dolly), and a price if you plan to charge the customer for use of the item.
- Click Submit to save the equipment item.
- Continue to add any equipment items you regularly use for jobs, and follow the same steps for materials by clicking Create A Material to enter a name and price for each material item.
Setting up crew documents to provide access for crews to edit quantities as they are used or left on site:
- Navigate to your Document Library within your settings
- Create a custom document for Equipment & Materials (or separate documents for each if desired), adding desired elements such a document header, title, and any paragraphs of wording.
In order to pull the Equipment & Materials that have been added to a job into the document for the crew to view/edit, you must add the appropriate document item sections. Separate document items are available for "Equipment Input" and "Materials Input", which can be added to a single document together or separate documents, depending on how you want them presented.
- Once the document is published and set as an optional crew document, the crew will be able to access the document as needed during the job on the Crew App to record quantities "Left on Site" (for equipment) or "Used" (for materials), and reflect that they have been used or temporarily left on site to be used another day.
On the Job
Adding equipment and materials to a job
Within any customer job, you can add equipment and/or materials to be sent with the crew under the Equipment & Materials section of the job.
NOTE: Equipment & Materials are tracked on an individual job level, not a project level. As such, they need to be set up by the office for each job/day of a project, and do not automatically carry over to the next day(s).
- Within a customer job in the Office App, navigate to the Equipment & Materials section.
- Click the Edit drop-down menu, then select Edit equipment or Edit materials to begin selecting items.
- You may choose items from your pre-configured Equipment and/or Materials library by clicking in the Add from library field to open the list.
- You may also add one-time custom items by clicking Create an equipment or Create a material, entering a name, quantity, and price if needed, and clicking Submit.
NOTE: This will not add the custom item to your library, and it will only be added to the specific job that it is created in.
- You can edit the quantities of each equipment & materials item to reflect what needs to be brought on-site for the job.
OPTIONAL: If any of your equipment & materials items have an associated price in your library settings, and you need to add these costs to your customer bill, you can add a separate bill to the job by clicking the Generate Bill button next to the Edit button in the Equipment & Materials section.
Crew updating of equipment and materials used/left on site
If Equipment & Materials have been set up in the system and added to a customer job, the crew will be able to see the required quantities of each item on the Crew App before they leave the warehouse, allowing them to plan and take those items with them.
- As soon as the crew member clicks on a job within their profile, they can scroll down to the Equipment & Materials section to review the Quantity Requested, and load the truck accordingly.
- During the job, the crew can update the quantities Used/Left on Site, by scrolling down to the optional crew documents and clicking New to generate a new copy of the document.
- Once generated, they can enter the "Left on Site" (for equipment) or "Used" (for materials) quantities for each item to indicate that it has been used or left on site, and will not be returning to the warehouse that day.
- Once updated in the document, the Used and/or Left on Site quantities will be reflected within the Equipment & Materials section of the job in the Office App, and can be used for tracking and updating of the Equipment & Materials section for the next day/job if needed.