Introduction to Billing Engine
Did someone at Supermove inform you your account is going to be OR was recently switched to Billing Engine? If so, you may be asking...
- What is Billing Engine?
- Why was I switched?
- Can I go back to the old way?
Answering those Key Questions
- Billing Engine is Supermove's new Billing System for generating and calculating prices on your jobs. It allows for dynamic pricing to be set up for rates, fees, tariffs, and so much more. It also enables pricing to automatically update based on timesheets submitted by crew members!
- All accounts are being switched to this new tool, so we can best support future needs and changes. This will also reduce any manual work the Office Team has to complete.
- We are not allowing accounts to switch back, as all users must be running with this new tool before we can sunset the old version.
Preparing for the change
While no direct action is needed from your side, we highly recommend reviewing the articles below :
- Different types of Bill Items in Office App - There are now two types of Bill Items within your Billing Library. It's important to understand the difference between the two, and why default Billing Items are so crucial to the system running automatically
- Editing Billing Values - Editing Billing Values is key to providing the desired estimate and pricing to your customer, without removing the automation factor for the Bill Items
- How to Override an Hourly Rate - This is an example of Editing a Billing Value instead of replacing the Library Bill Item (as you previously did)