Things to Note
There are two types of Bill Items within the Supermove System:
- Library Bill Items
- Custom Bill Items
Each will be covered in depth below and How to apply them. We also recommend referencing our Manually adding Bill Items in Crew App article.
Types of Bill Items
Library Bill Items
These are bill items that can be selected under the Add From Library section in the Edit Bill Items dropdown. These bill items may be created and configured to use formulas and must be created prior to a job.
Custom Bill Items
These are bill items that are manually selected and created as needed within Edit Bill Items dropdown. Custom items will include a template to input title, values, and description (optional) each time it is selected.
How to Add a Bill Item
1. Start by selecting Edit > Edit Billing Items when reviewing a billing section
2. Click into the search field to view Library Bill Item and Custom Bill Item options
3. Next steps will be based on type of Bill Item selected:
- Library Bill Items - These items will appear at the top of the dropdown section with a title present. Once selected, if any values show TBD, they must be manually inputted before moving to advance. Its ok for TBD to display after saving.
- Custom Bill Item - These items will appear below the Custom Bill Item section within the dropdown. Input the Category, Name, and any other relevant fields that appear before advancing
4. Once the desired Bill Items have been added, click Confirm to save
How to Edit a Formula-Based Billing Item
Some billing items use formulas to determine the price (indicated by greyed-out boxes). Those items can't be edited within Edit Billing Items and must be adjusted from within Edit Billing Values.
1. To edit a formula-based billing item, start by selecting Edit > Edit Billing Values.
2. Next, scroll down to the section for the specific job (in this example, the Move job on 9/3).
Note: The section may need to be expanded by clicking the arrow next to the section title.
3. From here you will be able to edit the specific value to adjust the bill item (in this example, to edit the Hourly Fee bill item, you would adjust the values that affect that bill item such as # of Movers, # of Trucks, Min Estimate Hours, Max Estimate Hours, or use the Hourly Rate Override* field to maintain the crew parameters but designate a different hourly rate).
*Note: Overriding an hourly rate item will only change the rate for the specific job that it is edited under, and won't apply to other jobs in the project or permanently change the rate for that crew size.
4. After editing is complete, click Save to apply the changes to your bill item.