In this article, you will find many troubleshooting steps you can use depending on the circumstance of the issue you've run into.
Troubleshooting Location Settings for Your Tablets
All the tablets your crew uses have location settings that allow for the tablet to be tracked and recorded!
Within Supermove, the crew can have their movements tracked through tablet settings! Some of these features include:
- Automatically start the crew time when they leave the warehouse
- Fill out the Supermove timecard
- Show the customer the crew location on the tracking link
- Display the tablet/truck location on the Live tab in the office app
If these are not popping up in your office app OR if you have purchased tablets without the help of Supermove, you'll want to double-check the location settings of the tablet and ensure that location settings have been enabled.
Please make sure you've downloaded the crew app before following the directions below!
Enabling Location Settings:
Options to Troubleshoot a Tablet That Stops Working
Sometimes, certain user behaviors may cause errors and issues with the tablet (don't worry, we continue to work on identifying different uses and scenarios to keep improving Supermove).
If your crew members ever get "stuck" on the tablet either due to an error message or a frozen screen, we recommend troubleshooting with the following:
- Close the Supermove app and re-open: By exiting the Supermove app and re-opening it, you may be able to override the problem and continue with the job
- Shut down the tablet and restart: Press and hold the power button on the tablet device to instigate a hardware restart. You can then re-open the app to see if you can proceed with the job
- Delete the Supermove app and re-download it from the Google Playstore: If you press and hold the Supermove icon on the tablet home screen, you'll queue up a prompt asking to delete the app. After you delete the app, you can then re-download it by searching for Supermove in the Google Play store. You can then re-open the app to see if you can proceed with the job
- Reset the job: If problems persist, there might be an issue with how the crew interacts with the job itself. To fix this problem, you pursue the following steps from your Office screen --
- First, start by clicking on the 3 dots next to the move found on the project page and selecting Reset Job
- Now, instruct the Crew to exit the job on the tablet, and reopen it
Troubleshooting Steps for a Feature that isn't working
As Supermove releases new updates and features to the crew tablet experience, your crew may sometimes report that a new feature is missing or not working. If this is the case, please double-check and make sure the tablet is indeed running the latest Supermove software.
Steps to Follow
1. Enter the Supermove app and click the Blue Circle in the top left corner
2. You'll be taken to a page letting you know if a software update is required
3. If a software update is available, a link will be available to take you to the Google Playstore and update the app
4. If you are in the Google Playstore and are asked for log-in credentials, they are as follows:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: timetosupermove