How often do you find yourself chasing customers to sign confirmations? You can now use Automations to send an automated SMS to customers with unsigned confirmations.
How to set up the Automation
Navigate to Settings > Communication > SMS to design your text template. Once you’re happy with it, navigate to Settings > Automations, and create or edit your automation with the ‘Send SMS’ action.
Steps to follow:
First, create your SMS template similar to the one below:
Next, navigate to Automations and create the following automation:
Last, Save Automation once done!
In case you found that confusing, here is a breakdown of the Automation:
- Trigger = Confirmation Sent
- Delay by 1 day
- Get project data (gets the latest information for the project)
- Stop if > Get project data > Move status > Equals > Booked (stop if the move is booked i.e. confirmation is signed)
- Send SMS: Reminder text
Commonly Asked Questions
Will this Automation trigger every time a confirmation is sent?
What happens if I send a confirmation twice?
- The confirmation automation is started twice
How do I prevent sending the SMS to customers that have already signed?
- That's where the 'Get project information' + 'Stop if' action comes in. 'Get project information' gets the latest state of the project. 'Stop if' the project status equals 'Booked' stops the automation from proceeding to the remaining steps
Consider the scenario where the confirmation is sent twice, and 1 day has passed. Will the user receive 2 SMS?
- Unfortunately yes, for now. The automation runs every time a confirmation is sent. In the future, we will be able to restrict how many times an automation can run, but for now, they will receive 2 SMS in this scenario unless the confirmation is signed
How can I improve this Automation?
- You might want to add an additional 'Stop If' action that stops the automation if the status of the move is 'Cancelled' or 'In Progress'. This will prevent users from getting texts that do not apply