When a new lead comes in you may want to create a task and send a welcome email. This article will walk you through the steps to create an automation for that. Remember, you can always add more or fewer actions to make this automation your own.
1. Create a task template (for automated tasks)
- Navigate to Settings > Tasks. Click on Create Task Template
- [Required] Enter the Task Name and Template name
- [Optional] Enter the Due in, Assignee and Details
- Save the task template
Note: See a full length article on how to create a task template here
2. Create an email template (for automated emails)
- Navigate to Settings > Email. Click on Create Email Template
- Select template kind Custom email template
- Add recipients, a subject line, and the body of the email
- Save the email template
Note: See a full length article on how to create an email template here
3. Create an automation using email and task templates
Prefer to see the steps? We've got you covered!
Create an automation using email and task templates
Navigate to Settings > Automations. Click on Create Automation
Enter a Name for your automation and save
You will be navigated to the automation builder page
Select the desired trigger for the automation. For example, if you want to create a task every time a new lead is created, click on Project > New project created
Select the project types that you would like this automation to apply to. You may select more than one project type here. Click on Done
Select the Create task action
Select the desired task template
Click on Done
Note: To add more tasks, restart at the Create task action step above. If you would like the automation to send an automated email, continue with the steps below. If not, you may jump to the Save Automation step below.
To send an automated email at the same time, click on the + icon, then select the Send email action
Select the desired email template
Click on Done
Click on Save Automation
Finally, when you're satisfied with the flow, toggle the automation active
You're all done!
Every time a new project is created, this automation will be triggered causing a task to be created and an email to be sent. You can view all the times the automation ran by clicking on the menu under Actions > View workflow runs.
To start creating automations, navigate to https://app.supermove.co/settings/workflows
- For additional video tutorials click here!
- For a breakdown of all the possible triggers (events) and actions, see the Events & Actions Explained Article.